Wednesday, May 31, 2006

London II: You Say It's Your Birthday?

Millenium Bridge
Must rest up for tomorrow's sightseeing adventures, so I'll make this note short and sweet.  Today has been my favorite birthday to-date.  We spent the day exploring Buckingham, Hyde Park, Notting Hill & Carnaby Street.  L and K bought wine, cheese and crackers for my Birthday dinner.  We found a perfect little spot in the back of our hostel and talked about how we couldn't wrap our heads around the fact that we'd be spending an entire month wandering around Europe.  We spent the night at Waxy O'Connors, a bar in Piccadilly Circus, drinking Strongbow, Stella and Archer's & lemonade (I don't know what Archer's is exactly, but promise me you will order it next time you're in England).  On our way back from the pub, K walked directly into a giant white truck stopped at a red light.  I had some trouble balancing myself on the subway and fell into the platform door.  Successful birthday.
Birthday Eats on the hostel
steps


This can't be repeated too often, of course,  since being hungover in the sun while sightseeing is no fun. To quote K, "I want to cherish my memories here, not black them out."  Talk soon!


Kate

-

No comments:

Post a Comment