Saturday, June 3, 2006

Barcelona Continued: "I have to go. They're charging me phone sex rates."

Parc Guell
This is our last night in Barcelona and we have loved every single second of it - Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Picasso, the quadriplegic on Las Ramblas without underwear, the beach, sangria and tapas are all amazing. The weather is just as beautiful.  I was just reveling at how much color I am getting when Guermo, the friendly unibrowed hostel worker, asked if I made it to the beach at all. Whatever - pale skin will be cool again one day!


We've met a lot of great people,  Americans, Australians and a few Canadians here and there. We met Nat (pictured below) on the streets in London. I just happened to be wearing a Bloom U hoodie and he stopped us to ask if we were from PA.  It turns out he went to high school with one of my good friends, we happened to be staying at the same hostel and we ran into him again today at thPalau Nacional (National Palace) of Barcelona.  Small world, eh? If I run into him again on this trip then we are destined to be together, right?





Last night we experienced Barcelona nightlife.  We bought cheap beers from Pakistani men in the Plaza Reial while waiting in line at a club. It was admittedly pretty sketchy, we found ourselves singing "drugdealers, hookers, and thieves, oh my!" to the rhythm of the Wizard of Oz chant (we chanted quietly, don't worry).  We stayed at the club until they kicked us out at 5am.  There were other Americans from DC at our hostel and they bought all of our drinks which was amazing AND the reason why I got pretty hammered last night.  I made out with one of the DC guys... fill you in with all the details later so he doesn't accidentally walk in, look over my shoulder, and see that I'm already writing home about him.   His name is Jimmy, cute and just finished grad school.  K is in love with another boy at our hostel who looks like he's 13 (we'll call him Opie).  Jimmy's friend, who reminds us of an Angry Leprechaun (can you guess his nickname?), is enamored with L.  

I leave you tonight with this:  A man flashed us his penis today.  He was hiding and coughing loudly in the bushes. When we looked, we saw a scraggly Spaniard holding his dong in hand, moving it rapidly. Write back if you get the chance.

The scene of the penis flashing (he was lurking behind a bush on the left). 

-

No comments:

Post a Comment